Business Development Manager, Industrial Readers
Our client, MSD Animal Health is on the hunt for an exceptionally talented Business Development Manager to drive the commercial success of their 'Industrial Readers' portfolio in Australia.
This is truly an exciting opportunity to be a key member of a forward thinking and dynamic livestock team that are shaping the way data and technology are used to empower dairy farmers to make informed, intelligent decisions and to improve the use and effectiveness of animal health products in the field.
The successful candidate will be ideally located in Queensland – preferably around the Toowoomba region.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work as part of a global animal health business and you will lead with your strong sales/key account management skills, cattle industry knowledge as well as a strategic mindset to promote the growth of their Industrial Readers business in Australia.
The MSD Animal Health Intelligence portfolio is at the forefront of the livestock industry in the design, development, manufacturing and delivery of solutions for animal identification, monitoring, farm management and traceability. Their data driven solutions are used by farmers and companies to manage hundreds of millions of animals worldwide. By putting intelligent, actionable management information into farmer’s hands, MSD Animal Health Intelligence solutions empower farmers to act in a timely manner to trace animals and safeguard their health and wellbeing, while achieving optimal production outcomes for a healthy and sustainable food supply.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who demonstrates a deep understanding of sales, key account management and cattle industry knowledge to help drive sales & business development activity to achieve revenue targets. You will play a key role in devising sales and technical strategies to drive growth within the Industrial Readers portfolio.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Achieve the sales revenue targets for the industrial reader portfolio and develop sales strategies to drive growth.
- Identification of key sales opportunities for MAHI industrial readers within feedlots, sale yards, abattoirs etc.
- Key account management of large current customers with a view to upgrading current systems or increasing the amount of MAHI industrial reader equipment on site.
- Driving the uptake of service agreements across all current and future reader installations.
- Lead strategic plans to gain adoption and sales of MAHI industrial readers with large and high opportunity operations, in collaboration with the MAHI & MSDAH team’s where appropriate.
- Work closely with the ‘Industrial Reader Technical Manager’ to capitalise on sales opportunities for both MAHI industrial reader products.
- Liaise and collaborate with global and regional R&D and commercial teams to provide regional market perspectives as well as contribute to global and regional team strategic account management and technical excellence.
- Provide basic system training to customers on all aspects of MAHI industrial reader products as well as providing basic to intermediate training and support to new and existing system users.
- Oversee engagement with other companies to implement software systems or other technologies in collaboration with the MAHI APSA Technical Team.
- Manage and maintain industrial reader operational costs within allocated budget and drive a culture of operational excellence.
- Champion new and innovative ways of working that embrace new technologies and business efficiencies to optimise team capabilities and build advocacy for the MAHI/Allflex brand.
CAN YOU ANSWER 'YES" TO THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS?
- Do you have at least 3 or more years’ experience in livestock or associated industries with technical or sales expertise?
- Do you have a strong working knowledge / network in the Australian cattle industry?
- Do you have Tertiary qualifications in an Agricultural/Business (or similar) related discipline?
- How about commercial acumen? Can you build and deliver on sales plans in a fast- paced environment?
- Are you able to pick up technical knowledge quickly and apply it in the field / in a commercial setting?
- Are you able to build strong working relationships and influence others?
- Do you have strong negotiation skills?
- Can you think outside the box and come up with innovative solutions to solve problems?
- Can you effectively plan your day, week, month, quarter to achieve your goals?
- Are you able to travel regularly to be with customers, key stakeholders in the field?
If you are able to answer 'YES" to the above questions….we want to hear from you!! Please apply!
A competitive salary package will be negotiated with the successful candidate commensurate with skills and experience. This organisation is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company. Please note only applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted. This role is only open to those who have the right to work permanently and who have proven local experience in Australian agricultural industry. Fluent English language skills are essential for the success of the role. No visa sponsorship is on offer.
For a confidential discussion contact Alicia Keenan on firstname.lastname@example.org, call +61 416 890 346 or apply online referencing VRN2405 ensuring you include a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role by addressing the key selection criteria.