Business Development Manager, Milking Intelligence
Our client, Allflex (MSD Animal Health Intelligence) is on the hunt for an exceptionally talented business development executive to drive the commercial success of their Milking Intelligence portfolio. The successful candidate will be ideally located in rural Victoria – in the Gippsland region, South Western Victoria or Northern Victoria.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work as part of a global animal health business and you will lead with your strong sales/key account management skills, dairy industry knowledge as well as a strategic mindset to promote the growth of our Milking Intelligence business in Australia.
Allflex is the world leader in the design, development, manufacturing and delivery of solutions for animal identification, monitoring, farm management and traceability. Their data driven solutions are used by farmers and companies to manage hundreds of millions of animals worldwide. By putting intelligent, actionable management information into farmer’s hands, Allflex solutions empower farmers to act in a timely manner to trace animals and safeguard their health and wellbeing, while achieving optimal production outcomes for a healthy and sustainable food supply.
Reporting to the ‘National Sales Manager – Technology SBU’, this is an exciting opportunity for an individual who demonstrates a deep understanding of sales, key account management and dairy industry knowledge to help drive our sales via a dealer distribution model to achieve revenue targets. You will play a key role in devising sales and technical strategies to drive growth within the Milking Intelligence portfolio. In this ‘green-field’ opportunity you will be responsible for creating, training and managing a network of dealers to sell MAHI Milking Intelligence equipment to the Australian Dairy Farmers.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Identification and onboarding of MAHI milking intelligence dealers to service the Australian Dairy Industry
- Achievement of sales revenue targets for the milking intelligence portfolio and development of sales strategies to drive growth
- Leading the commercial partnership with milking intelligence dealers including strategic opportunity reviews with dealers, developing joint plans to maximize opportunities and drive sales and be the lead business partner representing MAHI
- Undertaking regular business planning meetings with dealers and setting mutually agreed key performance targets to drive sales, initiate activities to drive mutual benefit, including training schedules and other identified support activities
- Providing training to MAHI milking intelligence dealers on all aspects of MAHI milking intelligence products as well as providing basic to intermediate training and support to new and existing system users
- Leading strategic plans to gain adoption and sales of MAHI milking intelligence systems with large and high opportunity dairy operations, in collaboration with the Monitoring sales team, and MSD Animal Health team where appropriate
- Providing ongoing technical support and training to the Monitoring sales team to build technical competencies
- Overseeing engagement with other companies to implement integration with drafting, software systems or other technologies in collaboration with the MAHI APAC Technical Team
- Leading the development of dealer/key advocate business partner commercial terms in collaboration and agreement with the National Sales Manager
- Managing and maintaining milking intelligence operational costs within allocated budget and drive a culture of operational excellence
- Collaboration with global and regional R&D and commercial teams to provide market perspectives and contribute to global and regional strategic account management and technical excellence
CAN YOU ANSWER 'YES" TO THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS?
- Do you have at least 3 or more years’ experience in livestock or associated industries with technical or sales expertise?
- Do you have a strong working knowledge / network in the Australian dairy industry?
- Do you have Tertiary qualifications in an Agricultural/Business (or similar) related discipline?
- How about commercial acumen? Can you build and deliver on sales plans in a fast- paced environment?
- Are you able to pick up technical knowledge quickly and apply it in the field / in a commercial setting?
- Are you able to build strong working relationships and influence others?
- Do you have strong negotiation skills?
- Can you think outside the box and come up with innovative solutions to solve problems?
- Can you effectively plan your day, week, month, quarter to achieve your goals?
- Are you able to travel regularly to be with customers, key stakeholders in the field?
If you are able to answer 'YES" to the above questions….we want to hear from you!! Please apply!
A competitive salary package will be negotiated with the successful candidate commensurate with skills and experience. This organisation is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company. Please note only applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted. This role is only open to those who have the right to work permanently and who have proven local experience in Australia. Fluent English language skills are essential for the success of the role. No Visa sponsorship is on offer.
For a confidential discussion contact Alicia Keenan on email@example.com, call +61 416 890 346 or apply online referencing VRN2371 ensuring you include a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role by addressing the key selection criteria.