Chief Operating Officer
We are thrilled to present this incredible opportunity to the market for our client. We are looking for an experienced business professional to take on a new appointment as Chief Operating Officer in a fast paced and expanding Australian company within the agriculture industry.
As the COO, you are passionate about leading a high-performance culture and diverse team into its next phase. You are a commercial visionary possessing a track record in end-to-end project management, you’ve an entrepreneurial spirit and you have the courage to make tough decisions and drive action within your teams. Ideally, you will also have a passion for agriculture and more specifically, animal care and you will be able to incorporate this into your operational strategy and execution. You have loads of personal drive, motivation and a mind for fast, agile thinking and problem solving. You are an expert in stakeholder management and have a demonstrable track record in operational leadership at the highest level coupled. You have a positive, can-do attitude and you are most certainly a change agent.
As the Chief Operating Officer, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Lead all aspects of the day to day running of a multi-site operation, ensuring you lead, mentor and foster a collaboratively engaged team
- Drive the development and execution of both operational and strategic plans
- Participate in the due diligence process for new business opportunities, including acquisitions and corporate alliances
- Craft and implement SOP, internal policies and control measures to enhance operational efficiencies that drive customer focus and mitigate risk
- Lead full P&L activities, including development of budgets & forecasts alongside the CFO, and reporting on all aspects of profitability, CAPEX and operational performance
- Participate & contribute to board level discussion and work in partnership with the CEO to drive the business to the next stage
- Drive innovation throughout the business operations, including digital transformation and sustainability projects
- Develop the business cases for Greenfield projects
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Marketing or similar with an MBA preferred
- At least 6+ years of experience in Senior Leadership Management
- 5+ years of experience in one or more areas – animal health, broader agriculture markets, integrated food businesses or similar
- Prior experience in operational leadership for a multi-site/entity business model
- Savvy business insights with validated skills in Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to travel extensively within Victoria or interstate as required
A highly lucrative package will be negotiated with the successful candidate commensurate with skills and experience. This organisation is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company. Please note only applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted. This role is only open to those who have the right to work permanently and who have proven local experience in Australia. Fluent English language skills are essential for the success of the role. No Visa sponsorship is on offer.
For a confidential discussion contact Elise Moran on +61 419 139 144 or apply online referencing VRN1152 ensuring you include a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.