Country Sales Manager – Petfood Ingredients (Australia & New Zealand)
We are incredibly excited to present this opportunity to our client, a global animal nutrition business. They are a worldwide leader in their field and continue to grow and strengthen in the markets in which they serve.
We are currently looking for a Country Sales Manager – Australia/New Zealand. The role will be responsible for meeting the collective budgeted sales and gross margin for our client's pet ingredients division for the ANZ region. Supported currently, by a team of 3 direct reports (Customer service, Technical Sales Manager and an Application Specialist) and indirectly supported by the Customer Services Laboratory team, you will be responsible for providing leadership, strategic planning, forecasting, managerial support, coaching and mentoring to the ANZ team. You will also be responsible for assisting with management of sales projects, the allocation of resources and clearing of hurdles that may hinder the effectiveness of the ANZ team. They will align and support the Asia Pacific (APAC) growth strategy and report into the APAC General Manager. Our client is flexible on the location of this role.
- Meet the collective budgeted sales and gross margin for the ANZ regional business.
- Responsible for the success of sales for all pet ingredients products across ANZ within the Rendering, Petfood or associated businesses.
- Responsible for the strategic planning, forecasting and alignment of business needs. Liaising with the internal stakeholders as required to execute sales within ANZ in the most efficient way.
- Communicating to APAC GM on the status of projects, sales, and strategic direction.
- Manage the collective expenses across the ANZ team.
- Will be involved in; or have direct oversight of; specific large scale, national or strategic accounts, that may span multiple territories and/or BUs.
- Provide leadership, managerial support, coaching and mentoring, and strategic assistance to the ANZ team.
- Responsible to manage and work with the ANZ team on Engagement and drive high performing team culture to deliver on goals and objectives.
- Gives clarity support and direction to direct; and indirect reports; within the ANZ region.
- Responsible for utilising the company's selling techniques as described through the company's sales process and have the ability to assist the division, to follow the Multi-level Customer Contacts within their respective Account Portfolio’s as well as introduce New Products.
- Responsible for pricing and contract negotiation.
- Responsible for monitoring the competitive activity and market trends within ANZ territory and reporting those trends to the relevant internal Marketing associates and APAC GM on a periodic basis.
- Assisting with management of sales projects, the allocation of resources and clearing hurdles that may hinder the effectiveness of the ANZ team.
- Responsible for allocating resources for the ANZ team.
- Knowledge of the features, benefits and use of company products will be preferable.
- Will be required to help set and form direction of the APAC Growth strategy.
- May be asked to attend or sit on the APAC leadership team.
- Set annual budgets and forecasts for sales for ANZ region.
- Preference for candidate with an exisiting network and understanding of the the pet food manufacturing, rendering industries in ANZ.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific, business or closely related field and 15+ years’ experience in sales including budgeting and forecasting experience.
- Master’s or PhD in a scientific or business field is a plus
- Must have 5 years previous management / leadership experience
- Must have and maintain an insurable driving record
- Excellent english communication skills – both verbal and written
- Flexible, adaptable, and dynamic under pressure
- Results-driven with a focus on attention to detail, high level of personal motivation and drive
- You must already have the right to work in either Australia or New Zealand
- You must be able & willing to travel extensively within ANZ region
Exciting career path, opportunities to develop and remuneration package is waiting for talented successful candidates. Please apply online by quoting VRN2522. Please be noted that candidates with the above criteria will only be contacted. We are also open to a confidential discussion regarding this role, please contact Alicia Keenan at email@example.com or call 0416 890 346.