Head of Nutrition (technical services) – South Africa
We are so excited to present this opportunity for our client, a global animal nutrition business. They are a worldwide leader in their field and continue to grow and emerge in new markets. We are currently looking for a Senior Level Nutrition Leader to cover the South African region, with the successful candidate ideally based in Pietermaritzburg to Durban.
The person we are looking for will be an integral part of the technical and commercial team. You will have strong relationships at the highest level within the poultry industry across South Africa. You will have a track record of delivering solutions to your customers and building corporate partnerships. You are extremely competent when it comes to the technical science behind livestock nutrition. You will be able to work independently to identify opportunities, troubleshoot issues and ultimately deliver nutritional solutions.
What you will be doing:
- Being a trusted nutritional advisor to key accounts and corporate customers
- Translate complex nutritional subjects into easy and relatable conversations with nutrition experts at the customer level.
- Drive outcomes related to feed formulation, ensuring customer nutrient matrixes for feed ingredients are maintained
- Execute nutritional projects – ingredients, nutrients and production
- Lead the implementation of new technologies with key customers in South Africa
We need you to have:
- At least 5 years of experience in the animal nutrition field, ideally Poultry
- Masters in Animal Nutrition, Animal Science or related
- High level verbal and written English language skills
- Ability to travel throughout South Africa up to 60% of the time
- Possess an entrepreneurial mindset and be a self-starter who can work autonomously
- Be considered by your peers as an expert in feed formulation and related subjects.
Please review the criteria above and apply online referencing VRN2263. To be considered for this role, it is important you are able to identify how your experience aligns to the criteria above.
Apply online with your CV, ensuring you include a cover letter outlining what you will bring to this role in relation to the selection criteria listed.
A high-reaching package will be discussed and negotiated with you, aligned to your skills and experience. Please note you will only be contacted if you meet and address the criteria above.