General Manager – Animal Nutrition & Supplements Manufacturing
An exceptional opportunity awaits an experienced and dynamic professional to assume the role of General Manager for a well-established research and development company specialising in the development and manufacture of animal nutrition and supplement products. With over 40 years of industry presence, our client is entering a new era of growth and innovation, and we are seeking an experienced General Manager to lead the company forward.
Location: Situated in the picturesque Southern Highlands, the facility is strategically located, close to the Hume Highway, and just over a 1hr drive to Sydney Airport. The historic Southern Highlands offer a desirable community lifestyle with excellent educational institutions, infrastructure, and recreational activities.
- Leadership: As the General Manager, you will shape the company's vision, communicate it effectively, and lead the team by example, fostering a culture of excellence and service. With a small but growing team, your leadership skills will be crucial in building a company culture aligned with strategic goals.
- Technical: While experience in the animal nutrition industry is advantageous, general management experience in manufacturing is key. Full technical training will be provided, and your ability to lead and manage teams for optimal productivity, quality, and new product development is essential.
- Communication: Manage communication and engagement with internal and external stakeholders, demonstrating skills such as empathy, active listening, public speaking, presentation, report writing, conflict resolution, and negotiation.
- Strategic Planning and Decision Making: Lead policy formulation, budget creation and maintenance, implement operational improvements, and directly supervise employee performance. Analytical and innovative thinking is required to develop and present strategic plans, lead change management, identify trends, and problem-solve.
- Risk Management: Take a proactive approach to identifying commercial, regulatory, and supply chain risks. As the General Manager, you will hold ultimate accountability for Risk Management, ensuring ongoing compliance with accreditations and regulations.
- Finance: Manage and report on the company’s financial performance, demonstrating financial acumen and the ability to identify key indicators and meet financial deliverables as agreed by the Board.
- Responsibilities: Maintain a hands-on approach to leadership and success in a small, rapidly growing enterprise.
- HR: Directly and indirectly manage all aspects of HR, including recruiting, performance management, team building, company culture, and payroll.
- Finance: Manage cash flow, creditor and debtor management, budgeting, accounting, and company asset management.
- Operations: Lead substantial projects to upgrade the manufacturing plant, ensuring day-to-day manufacturing efficiencies and productivity.
- Business Development: Improve existing customer relationships and design growth strategies for new customer acquisition, innovation, and new product development.
- Accreditation, GMP & Quality Assurance: Understand the interdependent functions of GMP and QC, responsible for maintaining APVMA accreditation, and ensuring alignment of GMP requirements with QC and production practices.
Key criteria includes Knowledge of manufacturing processes, plant and equipment, customer communication and relationship management, supply chain and inventory management, project management, risk management, team training and development, and administration and systems.
How to Apply: Please submit your CV and cover letter following the links, ensuring you outline your suitability for the role clearly. In order to secure the job, you will need to be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or have FULL working rights for Australia or New Zealand, without the need for sponsorship. No visa support will be offered. For a confidential discussion, reach out to Alicia Keenan 0416 890 346 or email: email@example.com