General Manager – Japan
Animal Health - Livestock & Companion Animal
We are delighted to present this opportunity for our client, a specialist animal health and veterinary pharmaceutical organisation. They are a worldwide leader in their field and continue to grow and emerge in new markets. We are currently looking for a Country Manager to join their successful team based in Japan. You will lead the Japanese entity, with key responsibilities to direct strategic growth plans and the entire business in sales, marketing and commercial activities across both the livestock and companion animal market sectors.
As the General Manager, your primary responsibilities will include:
- The responsibility of the country’s full P&L
- Lead and manage the commercial team to build a profitable strategy across the business units of both Production Animal and Companion Animal
- Collaborate with your regional colleagues to align regional and global strategies around sustainable growth and business modelling.
- Craft and implement regional growth plans that capitalize on short, medium and longer-term product and market opportunities including pricing.
- Build the relationships with key distributor partnerships and pivotal regional customers to elevate the brands
You will possess the following:
- Have relevant qualifications and experience in Financial &/or Business Management
- 10 years in executive level managerial position in related industry
- Ability to identify Business model management and key success factors
- Excellent communication skills
- Experienced with people management
- Ability to implement strategy and create executable plan and tactics
- Proven record on the management skills and required competency
- Professional and clear communication skills with networking ability
A highly ambitious package will be negotiated with the person, commensurate with skills and experience. Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their organisation. Please note applicants who meet the relevant criteria will be contacted. This role is only for people who have the right to work permanently in Japan.