Global Marketing & Technical Director – (Animal Nutrition)
NOTE – this role will preferably be based in AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS – however, we are open to candidates based in UK, FRANCE, BELGIUM, GERMANY. BRAZIL AND USA
This exciting position – Global Marketing & Technical Director – Animal Nutrition position will be responsible for leading the development and deployment of the overall strategy for our clients poultry animal nutrition business. Our client is global leader in the animal nutrition space.
In this role, you will be accountable for directing the development of the products, services, technologies and tools to achieve the strategic goals of our client's poultry compound feed and additives business all over the world. You will guide a team of 9 global experts, comprising global technical leaders & global category leaders and you will have accountability for the offering and related financial results as a part of Global Leadership Team for animal nutrition. You will work in a fast-pace environment, you will have the ability to simplify the complexity with stakeholders (senior leaders, business leaders), provide industry expertise, and ensure growth in the poultry business. You will direct and develop strategy, leading activities across the entire product line portfolio.
The role requires this leader to be passionate about the animal nutrition business, curious about customer needs and industry trends, contribute to the business leadership team, and demonstrate marketing and technical leadership at the highest level. This individual must have a proven track record as a leader that aligns with the culture & values of client company, applies their unique skills & experiences to impact the business results, and commits to developing others for future business leadership. You will build relationship, establish track record in serving the business, drafting best practices, gaining insight on new opportunities and providing the 'voice of the customer'.
- Develop the Poultry strategy and work collaboratively with regional / local marketing and technical leaders, Managing Directors and other functional leaders across all markets globally.
- In collaboration with in market business leaders, you will be accountable for accomplishing business and financial goals through a successful deployment of the poultry portfolio, offerings & capabilities, leading-edge practices, and by building high-performance teams.
- Direct preparation and introduce new offerings, define minimum expectations for competitive capabilities to outpace market growth with tactical deliverables in priority growth markets.
- Lead the technology application, commercial training, & customer support with large accounts in the given species and also work closely with the other species counterparts
- Provide strategic leadership, development and talent management activities for direct reports across the globe, which may include forecasting resource needs, recruiting, hiring, performance management, training and budgeting. Whilst directly managing your own team, you will lead through influence in the various poultry markets across the globe.
- You will also collaborate with managers and supervisors in your organisation to ensure staff selections align with current and future needs.
- Bachelor's degree in animal nutrition or agriculture or equivalent business experience
- Experience managing global teams and working across global markets
- 8+ years experience in animal nutrition or animal health business
- Ability to communicate well in English (written, verbal)
- 8+ years of supervisory experience leading leaders, providing coaching, developing talent, and building a high-performance team
- PhD or Masters degree, preferably in Business, Business Administration, Marketing or Animal Nutrition
- 5+ years strategic marketing leadership experience, developing a go to market strategy, leveraging customer insight and innovation
- Experience in growing a business
- Experience and proven success in strategic expertise, along with leading strategic projects to impact the business financial results
- Culture awareness and experience of diversity
If you are excited by the challenge this role presents, you meet the criteria and you are ready to take on a global leadership role for one of the world's largest companies in their sector, please apply online referencing VRN2545 ensuring you include a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Alicia Keenan at email@example.com to arrange a time to discuss further.
A competitive package will be negotiated with the successful candidate commensurate with skills and experience. Please note only candidates who meet the above criteria will be contacted.
This role is open to candidates who are preferably already based in Netherlands. However, our client is open to considering candidates from France, Belgium, UK, Germany, Brazil and USA who have demonstrated track record and meet criteria listed above.
We look forward to receiving your application!