Human Resources Advisor
We are thrilled to look for an HR Advisor to join this incredibly dynamic and thriving company.
Reporting to the HR Director, you will be an active member of a large HR team, responsible for the timely delivery of a wide range of human resource functions and projects relating to the employee lifecycle across the organisation. This includes coaching and supporting managers in effective approaches for managing ER/IR matters. This role is also responsible for contributing to and supporting the people priorities for our client.
What you'll need to succeed…..
The ability to work collaboratively and build trust
Work both autonomously and as part of a team to deliver
Excellent time management skills
Degree in Human Resources or similar
A minimum of 5 years experience in partnering and coaching managers to resolve workplace issues
A minimum of 5 years experience in a generalist HR role
- An appreciation for agriculture, livestock production or pharmaceuticals
What you will be doing…….
Support and Advice to Managers:
- Provide advice and support to the key stakeholders on HR, ER, and WHS matters.
- Interpretation of policies and procedures, relevant Awards, the Fair Work Act, employment terms and conditions.
- Assist and coach managers in the successful resolution of workplace matters including performance management and conduct issues.
- Assist / undertake in investigation of workplace incidents.
- Some interstate travel may be required to support Managers when required.
- Generate monthly reports on employee relations matters and outcomes.
- Preparation of Employment Agreements for all employees as required.
- Ensure all variations to an employee’s employment terms and conditions are recorded in writing and retained in the appropriate file.
- Assist payroll officer with enquiries relating to the preparation of payroll, including Award interpretation and provision of supporting documentation.
- Advise Managers of contract end dates and prepare renewed contracts as required.
Training, Induction & Development:
- Support Managers with their induction and probation requirements, probation end dates and ensuring all paperwork is completed.
- Monitor and evaluate the online induction program and make recommendations for improvements as appropriate.
- Assist in the implementation of the Hive and other programs designed to optimise employee performance and retention.
- Assist Managers to source appropriate training for their staff in line with development plans and budget.
General Recruitment and Selection:
- Assist recruitment coordinator with general recruitment activities when required including creating Position Descriptions, drafting and placing advertisements, shortlisting, drafting interview guides, coordinating interviews and reference checking.
- Undertake other duties which are appropriate to the level of the position, as directed by the HR Director
- Integration of new business acquisitions by ensuring an effective and engaging onboarding experience. Develop employment agreements and effectively manage transition arrangements for new clinics/businesses.
- Act in accordance with the companies Code of Conduct, Values and Policies and Procedures
- Comply with all health and safety policies and procedures and take all reasonable care for their own and others health and safety.
- As assigned by the HR Director work on selected ‘HR Projects’ including the project scope, implementation, communication and reviews
- Identify and manage future projects based on business needs as required.
- Managing employee onboarding and exits including associated processes.
- Prepare general correspondence for staff relating to salary increments, changes to hours of work.
- Ensure Position Descriptions are developed and maintained at all levels across the organisation.
- Develop, review, implement and monitor HR policies and procedures based on relevant legislation, award requirements and contemporary HR management practices to effectively meet organisational requirements.