Human Resources Business Partner
Our client, an ASX listed company, are an incredibly dynamic, thriving and successful agricultural business. As such, we are looking for a HR Business Partner to join their team! The position can be based anywhere is South East QLD.
Reporting to the General Manager for People & Culture, you will be an active member of a large HR team, responsible for the timely delivery of a wide range of human resource functions and projects relating to the employee lifecycle across the organisation. This includes coaching and supporting managers in effective approaches for managing ER/IR matters. This role is also responsible for contributing to and supporting the people priorities for our client.
The scope of this role covers the follow areas:
Support and Advice to Managers:
- Provide advice and support to the Regional Leads, Business Managers, Clinical Leads, Clinic Coordinators and other key stakeholders on HR, ER, and WHS matters.
- Interpretation of policies and procedures, relevant Awards, the Fair Work Act, employment terms and conditions.
- Assist and coach managers in the successful resolution of workplace matters including performance management and conduct issues.
- Assist / undertake in investigation of workplace incidents.
- Some interstate travel may be required to support Managers when required.
- Generate monthly reports on employee relations matters and outcomes.
- Preparation of Employment Agreements for all employees as required.
- Ensure all variations to an employee’s employment terms and conditions are recorded in writing and retained in the appropriate file.
- Assist payroll officer with enquiries relating to the preparation of payroll, including Award interpretation and provision of supporting documentation.
- Advise Managers of contract end dates and prepare renewed contracts as required.
- Managing employee onboarding and exits including associated processes.
- Prepare general correspondence for staff relating to salary increments, changes to hours of work.
- Ensure Position Descriptions are developed and maintained at all levels across the organisation.
- Develop, review, implement and monitor HR policies and procedures based on relevant legislation, award requirements and contemporary HR management practices to effectively meet organisational requirements.
Training, Induction & Development:
- Support Managers with their induction and probation requirements, probation end dates and ensuring all paperwork is completed.
- Monitor and evaluate the company's online induction program and make recommendations for improvements as appropriate.
- Assist in the implementation of programs designed to optimise employee performance and retention.
- Assist Managers to source appropriate training for their staff in line with development plans and budget.
General Recruitment and Selection:
- Assist recruitment coordinator with general recruitment activities when required including creating Position Descriptions, drafting and placing advertisements, shortlisting, drafting interview guides, coordinating interviews and reference checking.
- Undertake other duties which are appropriate to the level of the position
- Integration of new business acquisitions by ensuring an effective and engaging onboarding experience.
- Develop employment agreements and effectively manage transition arrangements for new acquisitions.
- Act in accordance with the Company's Code of Conduct, Values and Policies and Procedures
- Comply with all health and safety policies and procedures and take all reasonable care for their own and others health and safety.
- As assigned by the General Manager, People, work on selected ‘HR Projects’ including the project scope, implementation, communication and reviews
- Identify and manage future projects based on business needs as required.