Livestock Brand Manager – BioPharma (Vaccines & Pharmaceutical portfolio)
We are delighted to offer this rare marketing opportunity to the market. Our client, the global leader in premium branded animal health pharmaceuticals is currently looking for a Livestock Brand Manager to join their marketing team in the Australian Headquarters in Sydney.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for the development and execution of the marketing plans including strategy development, campaign and tactic development and new product development for execution across a broad marketing mix, plus product management for the BioPharma range, for our client's Ruminant BU in Australia.
You will contribute towards delivering growth in market share, sustainable sales growth and profitability utilising their understanding of company strategy, key customers and market dynamics and trends to formulate and implement marketing plans. You will be responsible for forecast development, with the input of the sales team and other stakeholders, and management of advertising and marketing expenses for the range. The Brand Manager will also be responsible for product management of the range, driving product/range improvement, and lead the introduction of new products or product/range improvements.
To really shine and do well in this role, you will need to be a strong collaborator, working with local, regional and global functions including sales, customer services, technical/R&D, finance, procurement and supply chain as required to drive business outcomes.
You will be responsible for:
- Lead key marketing initiatives for the portfolio, develop brand and marketing plans for key product areas and contribute to the development of company strategy in collaboration with the broader marketing team.
- Implement marketing programs to maximise sales, and clearly communicate strategic direction to internal stakeholders.
- Conduct market research activities to help inform brand strategies and demonstrate effectiveness of campaigns, identify and develop opportunities to leverage across the broader portfolios, working with marketing team members and other internal stakeholders to progress value adding services.
- Lead the product management for the range, liaising with technical & R&D colleagues to understand the portfolio R&D pipeline, and champion ongoing range improvements; lead the introduction of new product and product improvements, with cross functional colleague engagement; identify gaps and opportunities within the portfolio, and champion product enhancement ideas to suit local needs with local, regional and global colleagues. Contribute as required to internal product evaluation forums.
- Lead the pricing review of the portfolio with contribution from the sales team.
- Lead the building of budget and inventory forecasts for the portfolio, and accurately forecast major variances in sales forecasts based on industry, environmental and customer knowledge, and sales team contribution to forecasting. Liaise closely with demand planning and procurement operations to ensure supply continuity, effective inventory management, with a view to minimise stock obsolescence & destruction.
- Work with sales, marketing and key account team (internal and external) to plan and implement marketing activities.
- Liaise with internal departments and agencies to develop marketing material including advertising and POS material
- Lead the sales cycle planning program and sell in promotions and campaigns to sales team.
- Plan, coordinate and participate in trade and consumer promotional events as required.
- Remain abreast of marketing trends and innovations to maximise innovative brand messaging techniques.
- Leverage digital platforms whenever possible as part of promotional initiatives and maintain these platforms on an ongoing basis in conjunction with internal and agency partners.
- Engage with farmers and build relationships with industry groups to develop influencer campaigns that support the growth of the portfolio as well as participate in and support sales team activity at industry meetings, trade and industry days where appropriate.
- Spend time with sales team members to gain customer insights.
- Review campaign effectiveness
- Manage and maintain advertising and promotional operational costs within allocated budget and demonstrate a culture of operational excellence; forecast promotional spend requirements & variances throughout the year as required.
- Facilitate relevant staff training
- Maintain relevant documentation and manage pharmacovigilance activities
- Manage EHS requirements relevant to the portfolio / team
Qualifications, Skills and Experience you will have:
- Tertiary education in marketing, business or equivalent is essential
- 5+ years’ marketing experience managing brands and developing and executing brand plans
- Preferably you will have experience in an Animal Health business, a knowledge of animal farming systems or experience in an agricultural business is highly desirable. We are however, open to candidates from other industry sectors who possess strong marketing expertise.
- A track record of creating and executing engaging campaigns across a broad marketing mix including TV, Radio, Print, Direct, In Field, Influencer, Email, Digital and Social
- Demonstrated experience developing and using market research and data to build marketing insights and utilising these insights to develop brand plans, personas, brand positioning, marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Experience engaging industry bodies, key opinion leaders and influencers to develop brand campaigns.
- Demonstrated experience developing and launching new products and market leading brands
- Experience evaluating and reporting of key metrics and campaign performance to the team.
- Able to collaborate with other departments in a team setting demonstrating leadership competencies.
- Self-starter with initiative who works well in a team but with minimal supervision.
- Project management skills to initiate and complete multiple projects as required.
An attractive package will be negotiated with you commensurate with skills and experience. A flexible working environment is provided to allow you to flourish. Our client is committed to making their people even better. There is that feeling of family values with integrity, entrepreneurship and respect. This organisation is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company. Please note only applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted. This role is only open to those who have the right to work permanently and who have validated local experience in Australia. There is NO visa or sponsorship available.
For more information, please email Alicia Keenan at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0416 890 346, quoting the job title and reference number VRN2530. We ask that applications are submitted online via the links to www.aicila.com