Supply Chain Manager
We are thrilled to present this fantastic opportunity to the market for our client. We are looking for an experienced business professional to take on a new appointment as Supply Chain Manager in a fast paced and expanding Australian company within the agriculture industry.
As the Supply Chain Manager, you are passionate about leading a high-performance culture and diverse team into its next phase. You are a commercial visionary possessing a track record in end-to-end project management, you’ve an entrepreneurial spirit and you have the courage to make tough decisions and drive action within your teams. Ideally, you will also have a passion for agriculture and more specifically, animal care and you will be able to incorporate this into your supply chain strategy and execution. You have loads of personal drive, motivation and a mind for fast, agile thinking and problem solving. You are an expert in stakeholder management and have a demonstrable track record in supply chain leadership. You have a positive, can-do attitude and you are most certainly a change agent. You will report to the COO.
As the Supply Chain Manager, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Plan and implement the supply chain strategy including the establishment of objectives for supply chain effectiveness.
- Provide regular reports regarding performance against objectives to EMT.
- Manage a cross functional team consisting of Procurement, Warehouse Operations, and Logistics.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers, including Business Unit Managers, suppliers and freight providers.
- Participate in supplier contract negotiations with key stakeholders including Business Unit Managers and the Commercial Manager.
- Coordinate sourcing of new products and materials (with support of Regulatory Affairs Consultant as required).
- Coordinate third party manufacturing.
- Work closely with business segments to maintain product sales forecasts while providing contingency for known risk factors.
- Work closely with business segments to identify and resolve short and long term supply issues.
- Mitigate the risk of obsolescence or expired product through proactive engagement with commercial team.
- Implement strategies to reduce supply risk, effectively manage costs and optimise inventory management.
- Monitor and report procurement against supplier rebate targets.
- Maintain accurate buy prices and communicate price rises to business segments
- Ensure data integrity of ERP and logistics system (including the maintenance of all required inputs related to procurement, logistics, forecasting, sales, products and e-commerce system).
- Investigate processes and technologies that improve efficiencies and operating systems in procurement, warehousing and logistics.
- Ensure that process improvements are identified and actioned.
- Ensure effective processes and accurate, compliant and timely shipment of products (measured against agreed performance indicators).
- Accurate inventory management including management of stocktake.
- Direct and control the storage of goods and stock levels.
- Adhere to all warehousing, handling and shipping legislation requirements.
- On time delivery in accordance with delivery guidelines and customer expectations.
- Work with business segments to set and monitor the strategy for cost recovery for customers serviced by company logistics and third-party freight services.
- Monitor cost and effectiveness of delivery routes to ensure that the customer’s delivery needs are met in the most effective manner.
- Coordinate freight and customs clearance for imported products.
- Manage third party freight providers to ensure effective service.
- Ensure maintenance of the vehicle fleet with risk mitigation strategy for breakdowns.
- Ensure the company fleet is managed in an effective manner.
- Effective communication with the customer care team to ensure process alignment and an appropriate focus on meeting customer expectations.
- Management resources and support and develop employees to ensure high levels of customer centricity, engagement and performance.
- Ensure team have regular performance discussions, development plans are implemented and other P&C processes are followed.
- Ensure adherence with WHS policies and processes and legislative requirements.
- Provide input into the annual budget and manage budget accordingly.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Finance, Supply Chain Management or similar
- Level of skill commensurate with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a management position, ideally in supply chain, warehousing or procurement in an Animal Health or Veterinary environment. Candidates in other industries are also welcome to apply.
An attractive package will be negotiated with the successful candidate commensurate with skills and experience. This organisation is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company. Please note only applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted. This role is only open to those who have the right to work permanently and who have proven local experience in Australia. Fluent English language skills are essential for the success of the role. No Visa sponsorship is on offer.
For a confidential discussion contact Alicia Keenan on +61 416 890 346 or apply online referencing VRN2555 ensuring you include a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.