Technical Services and Manufacturing Science Representative
Our client, the global animal health pharmaceutical company is currently looking for a Technical Services and Manufacturing Science Representative to join their external manufacturing team here in Sydney.
As the successful candidate, you will partner with and coordinate activities at contract manufacturers in Australian and New Zealand and the job scope includes product introduction, technology transfer, validation, process improvement, process monitoring, and troubleshooting of manufacturing problems.
You will acts as the primary contact for technical matters between the external manufacturing team within our client organisation, contract manufacturers, and other corporate functional groups.
What you will be responsible for:
- Collaborate with contract manufacturers to provide proper oversight of manufacturing processes
- Thoroughly know and understand the manufacturing process for which they have oversight, including material attributes, process parameters, and finished product testing.
- Collaborate on trouble shooting and problem resolution when manufacturing difficulties arise.
- Provide technical subject matter expertise for process-specific training.
- Help ensure that capable manufacturing processes are maintained that will stay in a state of control.
- Collaborate on studies to correct deficiencies or obtain improvements.
- Analyse and explore production data to identify improvement opportunities or root causes.
- Lead technical governance for our client’s contract manufacturers
- Act as a technical contact between contract manufacturers and company operations.
- Provide on-site technical assistance to contract manufacturers to assess process capability, assist in product/process improvements, and enhance cost efficiency.
- Assist contract manufacturers to evaluate and implement plant projects and trials.
- Assist contract manufacturers to prepare for audits and regulatory inspections.
- Drive continuous improvement and business risk minimisation efforts
- Professionally manage internal and external collaborative projects
- Project Manager for local new product introductions
- Collaborate on ingredient, component, and packaging change projects.
- Own Manufacturability Review process for assigned technology transfer projects.
The qualifications, experience and skills you will have include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Process Technology, Chemical Engineering or pertinent Basic Science
- Previous experience in a regulated manufacturing environment, preferably in a manufacturing or technical services role
- Previous applied scientific experience (drug product or active manufacturing, formulation development, GMP testing, food technology)
- Candidates with experience in industries outside of animal health/pharmaceuticals (such as FMCG) that utilize solids-blending, liquid/suspension/emulsions or sterilization technology are encouraged
- Good verbal/written English and computer-based communication skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Enthusiasm and capability to improve manufacturing or laboratory processes
- Strong critical thinking skills. Capability to analyze a problem in terms of data and process theory
- Systematic troubleshooting skill, especially as it applies to manufacturing issues
- Ability to influence and negotiate – able to convey ideas to management and manufacturers
- Ability to identify applicable manufacturing process parameters and to determine their criticality
- Ability to work both independently and autonomously but within a cross functional team as well
- Responsive and accountable to business and supply chain events
- Curious about data and technology. Possessing good earning agility. Ability to survey technical literature to discover and apply ideas.
An attractive package will be negotiated with you commensurate with skills and experience. This organisation is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company. Please note only applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted. This role is only open to those who have the right to work permanently and who have validated local experience in Australia. There is NO visa or sponsorship available.
For more information, please email Alicia Keenan at email@example.com or call 0416 890 346, quoting the job title and reference number VRN2542. We ask that applications are submitted online via the links to www.aicila.com