Technical Services Manager – Petfood Ingredients (Australia & NZ)
We are incredibly excited to present this opportunity to our client, a global animal nutrition business. They are a worldwide leader in their field and continue to grow and strengthen in the markets in which they serve.
We are currently looking for a Technical Services Manager to cover Australia & NZ. This role will provide technical guidance to the team to align with the company's guidelines, disseminating, generating knowledge and technical assistance for customers, in addition to constant updating regarding the Pet food division's product line, management of production systems, products, innovations, and competition seeking to strengthen company’s position in the market.
- Develop and implement the Technical Action Plan together with the Sales department that meets the customer's needs.
- Train the field team, offering technical tools for customer service and technical specificities of the products,
- Establish customer service and support priorities, in order to meet the segment's Business Plan together with the Marketing and Sales team.
- Organise and coordinate technical meetings with veterinarians and/or opinion makers, with the aim of promoting, researching, and evaluating results.
- Participate in the definition of regional action plans in collaboration with marketing and sales.
- Research the market to determine potential and new opportunities by region/key account under your responsibility.
- Respond to complaints inherent to the products and, if applicable, send analyses for quality control.
- Take care of the management of the relationship with the end customer, involving the training of manpower, and implementation of nutritional and performance programs.
- Ensure a good relationship with decision-makers of the purchasing processes for the implementation of the company’s sales strategies.
- Raise business possibilities in the field by analysing the situation found and in the development of products.
- Act in accordance with the internal rules and procedures of the department and the company.
- Degree in Veterinary Medicine, Animal Science, Agronomy or Food Engineering , preferably a PhD
- 5+ years of relevant experience in either the pet food space OR in food ingredients
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Flexible, adaptable, and dynamic under pressure
- Results-driven with a focus on attention to detail
- Fluent in English – both verbal and written
- Ability to travel to meet customers – pet food manufacturers, renderers etc across ANZ
Exciting career path, opportunities to develop and remuneration package is waiting for talented successful candidates. Please apply online by quoting VRN7576 or contacting Alicia Keenan on 0416 890 346 / firstname.lastname@example.org . Please be noted that candidates with the above criteria will only be contacted.
The position is NOT open to candidates living outside of Australia or New Zealand. If you live outside of these 2 countries, please do not apply as there will be no consideration for sponsorship / visa support.