Finance Lead – Thailand
Our client, a renowned leading multinational animal health pharmaceutical manufacturer is looking to appoint an experienced Finance Leader to join their team in Thailand. Based in Bangkok, the successful candidate will develop and maintain the financial well-being of the organisation and will be is responsible for the overall finance management, reporting, budgeting and controllership functions for the organisation in the Thailand.
The Finance lead will also work very closely with Shared Service Center to ensure that the organization is in compliance with all applicable accounting procedures and standards and strong internal controls (implementing, monitoring and enhancing).
Your key responsibilities:
- Ensure timely and accurate financial reporting in accordance with US GAAP, local/statutory accounting standards, Org policies and procedures and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Oversight for monthly/quarterly close, monthly reviews with Share Service Centre, account reconciliations, and corporate requests for data to fulfill external reporting requirements.
- Coordinate activities between Organisational Centers of Excellence to ensure end to end financial process delivery for the Korea marketing.
- Oversee the preparation of forecast and budget plans, preparation of management reporting
- Oversea and liaise coordination of internal audits and external audits
- Ensure the establishment and monitoring of policies and procedures, cascade regulatory and accounting policy throughout market and serves as a resource in all aspects of country level finance.
- Oversight of the organization’s system of internal controls and active management of exceptions. Ensure adequate systems and procedures are in place to provide controls and the efficient execution of financial activities.
- Coordinates and reviews quarterly and annual income tax provision calculations required for consolidated financial reporting.
- Oversee the preparation of indirect tax returns and reports
- Ensure the coordination with local tax authorities on audits.
- Serves as the primary contact for all local tax issues.
- Accountable for evaluating, reconciling and resolving complex accounting transactions and maintaining oversight of general ledger accounts.
- Provide accurate and timely financial information and allowing country and regional management to make informed, sound and financially backed decisions.
- Collaborating with and influencing Business Unit team leaders and country-level managers through ongoing sharing and reporting of key financial data.
- Special projects as required.
- University degree in appropriate discipline (i.e. accounting, finance or economics)
- Professional accounting designation experience
- 7+ years of experience with Controller/Finance or equivalent experience highly desirable
- Direct experience in managing financial reports and analysis for highly complex, fast growing and diverse businesses
- Knowledge of multi-national financial reporting requirements
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems
- SAP implementation experience is a plus
- Experience managing multi-national accounting operations
- Large public accounting firm experience a plus
- Proficiency with tax accounting, internal controls, and other related accounting pronouncements and experience in their application
- Demonstrated ability to interact with professionals in various functional areas to resolve complex accounting/tax issues
- Strong analytical background with strategic thinking capabilities and attention to detail
- Strong organizational, management skills and leadership skills
- Ability to see the big picture while focusing on the process and procedures necessary to produce deliverables. Solid understanding of accounting, tax, treasury, internal controls, financial systems and processes
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management both verbally and in writing
- Flexible and comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Ability to multi-task, consistently meeting deadlines on multiple projects and activities
- Work effectively in a team environment and in building collaborative relationships with peers and with other stakeholders
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly regarded organisation. This role is located in Bangkok, Thailand. Please apply, ensuring you address each of the above mentioned criteria in your application / covering letter. An attractive remuneration package is on offer commensurate with experience.
To submit your application, in strict confidence, please apply online. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Alicia Keenan on +61 416 890 346 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference VRN2478