Our client, is a leading statutory body for one of the premier equine sports in the country. This industry governing body is currently looking for TWO Veterinarians to joins its newly created equine compliance and welfare team within the integrity department.
As a Veterinarian, you are passionate about equine veterinary medicine and animal health. You are a dynamic and enthusiastic person who wants to play a pivotal role in horse health and welfare. You are a team player who can work collaboratively with others across the organisation and industry. You are looking for a career change into an industry role and look forward to being part of a brand new team.
- Ensuring that horse welfare practices within Victoria are within regulations
- Oversee regulatory veterinary substance control programs at industry competitions
- Conduct out of competition drug testing services
- Educate and promote equine welfare “best practice” guidelines to participants
- Conduct the implementation of animal microchipping policy
- Tertiary qualification in Veterinary Science
- A keen interest in Equine practice
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Current and valid driver’s license
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel extensively throughout Victoria
A competitive salary package will be negotiated with the successful candidate commensurate with skills and experience. Please note only applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted. This role is only open to local candidates who have the right to work permanently and who have demonstrated local experience in Australia.
For a confidential discussion contact Elise Moran on +61 419 139 144 or apply online referencing VRN767 ensuring you include a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.