General Manager – Japan
Animal Health – Livestock & Companion Animal
We are delighted to present this opportunity for our client, a specialist animal health and veterinary pharmaceutical organisation. They are a worldwide leader in their field and continue to grow and emerge in new markets. We are currently looking for a Country Manager to join their successful team based in Japan. You will lead the Japanese entity, with key responsibilities to direct strategic growth plans and the entire business in sales, marketing and commercial activities across both the livestock and companion animal market sectors.
As the General Manager, your primary responsibilities will include:
- The responsibility of the country’s full P&L
- Lead and manage the commercial team to build a profitable strategy across the business units of both Production Animal and Companion Animal
- Collaborate with your regional colleagues to align regional and global strategies around sustainable growth and business modelling.
- Craft and implement regional growth plans that capitalize on short, medium and longer-term product and market opportunities including pricing.
- Build the relationships with key distributor partnerships and pivotal regional customers to elevate the brands
You will possess the following:
- Have relevant qualifications and experience in Financial &/or Business Management
- 10 years in executive level managerial position in related industry
- Ability to identify Business model management and key success factors
- Excellent communication skills
- Experienced with people management
- Ability to implement strategy and create executable plan and tactics
- Proven record on the management skills and required competency
- Professional and clear communication skills with networking ability
A highly ambitious package will be negotiated with the person, commensurate with skills and experience. Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their organisation. Please note applicants who meet the relevant criteria will be contacted. This role is only for people who have the right to work permanently in Japan.
For a confidential discussion contact Alicia Keenan on +61416890346 or apply online referencing VRN0977.
We are delighted to present you this exciting role wiht a global leader in the Animal Health industry. Our client have an excellent reputation in the industry and they are looking for a Technical Services & Manufacturing Science Representative to join their team in Japan.
As TS/MS Representative you will be responsible for partnering with and coordinating activities with Contract Manufacturers (CM) in the Asia-Pacific region, specifically Japan and Taiwan.
The job scope includes new product introductions, technology transfers, validations, process improvements, and trouble-shooting of manufacturing problems. Scope of responsibility includes both Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient and final dosage form contract manufacturing. Dosage form regulatory implications are APAC-specific and the API regulatory implications are global.
- Provide technical oversight for manufacturing processes
- Manage product periodic reviews, plan validations, and provide stewardship
- Collaborate with EEM colleagues from the Business Unit and Quality, as the technical representative for the Contract Manufacturing (CM) governance process
- Ensure that CMs comply with all applicable GMP and HSE standards.
- Coordinate change controls and deviation resolutions at CMs
- Provide professional project management for the companies interest in CM projects
As TS/MS Representative will act as a primary contact for technical matters between EEM-APAC, Contract Manufacturers, EEM API, and the business' corporate operations.
- University Degree in Process Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, or Physical Science
- Previous experience in a regulated manufacturing environment, preferably in a manufacturing or technical services role. Experience working with processes at a shop-floor level is desired. Preferred candidates have demonstrated experience partnering with 3rd party manufacturers.
- Experience in an applied technical area (Pharmaceutical Operations, Product Formulation, Process Development, Laboratory Operations, or Applied Quality) is desirable.
- Previous experience in final dosage form products and their manufacturing processes (i.e. liquids, suspensions, tablets, powders) or in Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient processes is desirable.
- Candidates with experience in regulated industries outside of animal health/human pharmaceuticals (such as food processing) will still receive strong consideration.
A highly ambitious package will be negotiated with the right person, commensurate with skills and experience. Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their organisation.
This opportunity provides the successful candidate with the platform to grow within the organisation, both locally, regionally and globally.
Please note only applicants who meet the relevant criteria will be contacted.
For a confidential discussion contact Alicia Keenan on email@example.com +61 416 890 346 or apply online at www.aicila.com referencing VRN0908.
We are delighted to offer this rare opportunity to the market. Our client understands the role healthy animals play in making our lives better and as a global leader in premium branded animal health and veterinary pharmaceuticals they are looking for a Marketing & Technical Services Director to join their team in Tokyo, Japan.
Being the leader of marketing & technical teams, you will be passionate about developing people, driving commercial objectives and meeting customer needs. You will be passionate about the Japanese animal health industry, you are a driven person, that can demonstrate superior leadership skills, creative thinking and dedication to their team. You just love coming up with an idea and then seeing it through to completion. We need you to have strong ability for working collaboratively with other departments to achieve a common goal and meet tight deadlines.
- Drive strategic growth by leading strategic input within this business.
- Deliver brand strategy and craft marketing plans for the Japanese market by effective leading the country marketing team
- Develop and deliver commercialisation plans for new product launches.
- Research and gather market insights as a tool in forming those strategies.
- Analyse numerical data to forecast sales and growth for the portfolio.
- Build everything from concepts to implementation for meaningful in-market campaigns including collateral.
- Ability to work cross functionally within the business to achieve the commercial goals.
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Business Administration from reputable university.
- Minimum 8-10 years of Marketing experience and have been in a Managerial role for 4-5 years. Ideally, should have an established track record of significant Marketing exposure and solid training in a leading multi-national company.
- Prior working experience in the Life Science and heavily regulated industries, in particular Animal Health and Nutrition is preferred.
- Strong communication skills in English (both written and spoken).
- Excellent interpersonal skills to network effectively across groups and levels.
- Effective leadership skills to manage several projects at one time and ensure the team meet deadlines including regional projects/ initiatives.
- Demonstrates strategic thinking capability and ability to apply good judgment across diverse/complex issues.
- Demonstrates the ability to coach and influence subordinates.
- Ability to work under pressure and compliance with strict deadlines.
- Ability to priorities or work with conflicting priorities.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Ability to travel domestically within Japan
An attractive package will be negotiated with you commensurate with skills and experience. A flexible working environment is provided to allow you to flourish. They are committed to making their people even better. There is that feeling of family values with integrity, entrepreneurship and respect. This organisation is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company. Please note only applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted. This role is only open to those who have the right to work permanently and who have validated local experience in Japan.
For a confidential discussion contact Alicia Keenan on +61 416 890 346, firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online referencing VRN0906