Key Account Manager – Intensive Livestock
Sydney, NSW | Melbourne, Victoria | Brisbane, QLD
Our client, understands the role healthy animals play in making our lives better. A global leader in premium branded animal health and veterinary pharmaceuticals is currently looking for a National Account Manager to join their production animal sales team located within easy distance to any major airport, such as Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne.
Are you passionate about agriculture animals, their health and want to have an impact on their well-being? Do you see yourself as being able to see through livestock production systems and understand their pain points? Do you love helping resolve issues and provide value to your customers? As the new Intensive Account Manager, you will develop relationship strategies that align with category and marketing plans. We need you to be pivotal in implementing these strategies within nominated accounts in the swine, poultry and feedlot industries across Australia. You also don’t mind getting your hands dirty and spending time on farm and with the animals.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Manage the Key Accounts in swine, poultry and feedlot producers, distributors, nutritionists and veterinarians across Australia
- Liaise with business partners to build and develop client relationships.
- Identify, build and cultivate crucial commercial relationships to deliver on business performance requirements
- Craft and implement category strategies and plans with key accounts, using brand strategies and field team call cycles to drive sales results.
- Work with your territory sales peers, Head of Sales, Regional Managers, and Marketing team to devise detailed and tailored account strategies that maximise revenue opportunities in the short and long term.
- Build relationships through effective territory management, strong leadership, communication and the use of value adding sales skills
- Work hands on with livestock in certain circumstances such as collecting gut samples for R&D.
We require the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in Agriculture, Science, Marketing or similar.
- Minimum of five years’ working experience with a history in the intensive production animal sector critically essential
- Good working knowledge of the Agricultural and/or Animal Nutrition industry working across species (feedlot, dairy, poultry, swine)
- Strong negotiation, planning and presentation skills with the ability to probe and question confidently.
- A current Australian driving license.
- You will be required to travel including field visits with clients throughout Australia, monthly team meetings and various industry conferences and events.
An attractive package will be negotiated with you commensurate with skills and experience. A flexible working environment is provided to allow you to flourish. They are committed to making their people even better. There is that feeling of family values with integrity, entrepreneurship and respect. This organisation is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company. Please note only applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted. This role is only open to those who have the right to work permanently and who have validated local experience in Australia.
For a confidential discussion contact Elise Moran on +61 419 139 144 or apply online referencing VRN965 outlining your suitability for the role.